Pidgin in a TrueCrypt Volume

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Aug 12 22:20:12 EDT 2009

muffet wrote:
> Is there a way to keep everything in the TrueCrypt volume with the regular
> Pidgin ap?  Or do I need to install Portable Pidgin (with the OTR included)
> into my TC volume?

The location of Pidgin's configuration directory (which includes logs) can be
changed by creating a .bat file that calls Pidgin with the -c argument.  If your
TrueCrypt volume is mounted with Windows drive letter T:, then your script would
look something like this:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Pidgin\pidgin.exe" -c T:\.purple

Then you would move your existing .purple to T:\ and use the batch file to run
Pidgin.  Of course, if you installed Pidgin to a non-default directory, you
would need to change the path to pidgin.exe to reflect the correct location.

John