[Pidgin] for list owner

Dave Warren lists at hireahit.com
Thu Aug 13 11:51:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:29:52 -0400, Steve VanSlyck
<s.vanslyck at spamcop.net> was claimed to have wrote:

>Hey guys,
>
>As a spamcop user the subject line is the first think I look at in
>assessing whether a message is spam.
>
>It would be a tremendous help if the list would append something like
>[Pidgin] to the front of the subject line for a message if it isn't
>already there. Many lists do this.
>
>Otherwise, messages with subject lines like "Can U help me" can easily
>get reported as spam, with unintended potential consequences for the
>sender.

The spam report doesn't go to the sender, but rather, to the list's
operators.

Also remember that should anyone bother to follow-up on the spam report
generated by Spamcop, and your spamcop account will get flagged for
signing up to a confirmed-opt-in list and reporting it as spam.

Since the list has a valid List-Id header, why not use that for
identifying list mail and sort it into an appropriate folder rather then
guessing at Subject lines?