[Pidgin] for list owner

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Thu Aug 13 15:12:10 EDT 2009

Please do not reply to unrelated messages to start new mailing list
threads.

Steve VanSlyck spake unto us the following wisdom:
> As a spamcop user the subject line is the first think I look at in
> assessing whether a message is spam.
>
> It would be a tremendous help if the list would append something like
> [Pidgin] to the front of the subject line for a message if it isn't
> already there. Many lists do this.

... and it's a terrible idea.  This has been discussed various times,
and we have repeatedly rejected it.  Pidgin mailing lists all provide
mail to your own heart's content.

> Otherwise, messages with subject lines like "Can U help me" can easily
> get reported as spam, with unintended potential consequences for the
> sender.

Those unintended consequences are more for the user with an inadequate
receiving system, than the sender.  :-P

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.