Sort Buddies By Log Size

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Wed Aug 19 14:28:31 EDT 2009

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-19 at 13:55 -0400, Jim Spath wrote:
>> What happened to Buddies > Sort Buddies > By log size?
>>
>> By recent log activity is a poor replacement.
>
> Why? (This is a genuine request for your thoughts.)

Hi Richard,

I like "by log size" because the contacts I message most often are at
the top.

"By recent log activity" makes the assumption that because I recently
messaged someone, I'm more likely to want to message that person again
soon.  This is an interesting idea, but not always true ...

Why not offer both options?  While I can see value in the new option, I
personally like the idea of a more "static" list of users I am likely to
   message.

Also, all arguments of which is option is better/more useful aside, I
don't think it's working properly.  Contacts which I have recently
messaged are listed below contacts I know I haven't messaged recently.

- Jim