Pidgin 2.5.9, 2.6.0, 2.6.1

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 15:03:25 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Daniel Atallah<datallah at pidgin.im> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 04:47, Mark Doliner<mark at kingant.net> wrote:
>> Today was a busy day in Land O' Pidgin.  We released some new versions
>> of Pidgin/Finch/libpurple:
>>
>> 2.5.9: This is 2.5.8 with some important security fixes.
>>
>> 2.6.0: This is months of awesome work from lots of people.
>> Developers, crazy patch writers, summer of code students, the pope, a
>> Romulan, and an anonymous fictional character from a Charles Dickens
>> novel.
>>
>> 2.6.1: This is 2.6.0 with an important security fix and some fixed
>> compilation problems.  Please use this and never 2.6.0!
>>
>> See http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ChangeLog for details.  Also, as
>> of 2.6.0 we now require glib and gtk+ 2.4.0 or newer.  tarballs for
>> all releases are online and it's likely that an amazing human being
>> will build a Windows package for 2.6.1 within the next 48 hours.
>

> The Windows builds for Pidgin 2.6.1 are now available for download.
>
> -D

Thanks for the new release, it looks very awesome! One question
though; obviously, the big news item (voice/video) does not work on
Windows. Is there anything that I can do as someone who actively uses
Windows and also has decent Linux knowledge and programming skills to
help get VV working on Windows?

--Ibrahim Awwal