gstreamer+plugins in 2.6.1

David at localhost.localdomain David at localhost.localdomain
Thu Aug 20 01:22:04 EDT 2009

Hi,

I just had the good news today that voice and video is now supported.
That's awesome. Well done and thanks.

A few of us from ##slackware have been trying it out with
unfortunately little success. Tried to build all the latest gstreamer
stuff that we could find that would compile (some didn't).

Just wondering what plugins etc are needed/recommended to install?

This is what I have right now:

gst-ffmpeg-0.10.4-i686-1_SBo
gst-plugins-bad-0.10.13-i686-1_SBo
gst-plugins-base-0.10.24-i686-1
gst-plugins-good-0.10.15-i686-1_SBo
gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.11-i686-1_SBo
gst-python-0.10.16-i686-1_daw
gstreamer-0.10.24-i686-1
libnice-0.0.9-i686-1_daw
farsight2-0.0.14-i686-1_daw

So far I've only managed to hear garbled voices or clicking sounds,
but one guy says he could hear me a little better :-)

So, any ideas what to look at to get this working? Any other packages
needed etc?

Regards

David

--
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best he
is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe and not