gstreamer+plugins in 2.6.1

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at pidgin.im
Thu Aug 20 01:55:38 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 06:22:04AM +0100, David at localhost.localdomain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just had the good news today that voice and video is now supported.
> That's awesome. Well done and thanks.
>
> A few of us from ##slackware have been trying it out with
> unfortunately little success. Tried to build all the latest gstreamer
> stuff that we could find that would compile (some didn't).
>
> Just wondering what plugins etc are needed/recommended to install?
>
> This is what I have right now:
>
> gst-ffmpeg-0.10.4-i686-1_SBo
> gst-plugins-bad-0.10.13-i686-1_SBo
> gst-plugins-base-0.10.24-i686-1
> gst-plugins-good-0.10.15-i686-1_SBo
> gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.11-i686-1_SBo
> gst-python-0.10.16-i686-1_daw
> gstreamer-0.10.24-i686-1
> libnice-0.0.9-i686-1_daw
> farsight2-0.0.14-i686-1_daw
>
> So far I've only managed to hear garbled voices or clicking sounds,
> but one guy says he could hear me a little better :-)
>
> So, any ideas what to look at to get this working? Any other packages
> needed etc?

One guy in #pidgin reported that he just had voice working with:

      libnice 0.0.9
      farsight2-0.0.14
      gst-python 0.10.12
      gstreamer 0.10.24
      gst-plugis-base 0.10.24
      gst-plugins-good 0.10.15
      gst-plugins-bad 0.10.13
      gst-plugins-ugly 0.10.12
      gst-ffmpeg 0.10.8

The difference is he seems to have a newer gst-plugins-ugly. I just pointed
him to ##slackware, so maybe he can help you out.

-khc