[META] Public mailing list nature of support at pidgin (was: Please help)

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Aug 21 04:09:28 EDT 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 22:05:58 +0100
David Woolley <forums at david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:

> Actually one should be trying to encourage people to look at the
> archives.  We would get hardly any MXit queries if MXit users looked
> there before posting.

Judging from the mxit questions I've seen here, I think it will be even
more difficult to get that to happen. People who are unfamiliar with the
whole mailing list culture are likely to be even more unfamiliar with
the idea that you research the problem before posting. It's just the
way things are.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde