ITT: Customise My Pidgin (was: can some one)

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Aug 22 05:32:41 EDT 2009

Syed Munawar Shah wrote:

> can some one customize pidgin for me, if yes how much it would be?

I haven't seen a software development rate card recently and I'm not in
a position to do it myself, but, if you just want simple tweaking of
existing parameters, I suspect your cheapest option would be the local
computer repair shop.

Commercial rates for doing that sort of thing over the internet would I
guess, for remote access from a low wage country, be upwards of USD 10
per hour, with maybe a minimum of two hours.

If you want source code changed, I would guess you would expect to pay
about USD 50 (low wage) per hour, with a minimum of half a day.  You
will only get it down to half a day if the change is very low risk and
doesn't require significant testing.

You might get charged less if you were considered a deserving cause.

If you want a fixed price, you will need a much tighter specification.
Fixed price, in technology development, is not an excuse for the buyer
to avoid responsibility!

Note: the OP appears to be near Montreal, Canada.

ITT = Invitation to Tender

--
David Woolley