Gaim 1.5 Needed

Michael Wolf mwolf at nethere.com
Sat Aug 22 12:01:49 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I am disabled,with cognitive and anxiety issues.  One thing I have
discovered is that new isn't always a good thing, especially for something
that is important.  Instant Messenger is perhaps my most important piece of
software as it allows me to socialize safely where I normally can't otherwise.

But I am unable to work comfortably with Pidgin.

I recently transitioned my computer from Windows to Linux, but am
transitioning myself by installing my same version of Windows in a Virtual
Machine.  As I cannot use Pidgin because the interface is too different
(just know that I am disabled, and there is significant difficulty
attempting to adjust, so much so that I cannot), I am relegated to keeping
my VM open and on the desktop at all times so that I can socialize.  But I
don't want to operate soley in Windows.

The only solution is for me to acquire a copy of GAIM 1.5, or even 1.3.1
which I currently use, for Linux, preferably a .deb package.  If anyone has
access to the source code and can build a package or provide a copy to me
so I can try to build one, or perhaps has a .deb package of GAIM 1.3.1. or
1.5; please let me know.

Thank you.

Michael Wolf