Can't find audio/video in new 2.6.1, under centos 5.3

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Aug 31 04:41:08 EDT 2009

On 31 Aug 2009 08:23:52 -0000
"moshe" <g4c95da02 at sneakemail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I Installed the new 2.6.1 version on my centos 5.3 box, but couldn't find any option for starting a video chat.
> I am using the official pidgin yum repository.
>
> Do I need anything else ?

Farsight2 and some gstreamer plugins apparently.

I've looked at this today for Fedora 11, and despite apparently having
everything installed I can't see any obvious menu entries that would
start either voice or video chats.

Looks like more investigation or waiting until the people that know fix
things up.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde