google chat/pidgin login issue

Sean sean_mar at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 5 17:51:22 EST 2009

To whom this may concern:

I am trying to log into my google chat account using Pidgin.  I used to be able to do this and then all of a sudden I am unable to.  Below are the parameters I have set up.  Could you please let me know where the issue is?

Tab: Basic
Protocol: XMPP
Username:  properly filled in
Domain:      gmail.com
Resource:   Home
Password:  Accurate
Remember password:  checked

Tab: Advanced
Require SSl/TLS:              Not checked
Force old (port 5223) SSL: Not checked
All plaintext...:                  Not checked
Connect port:          5222
Connect server:       Blank
File transfer proxies: proxy.eu.jabber.org
Proxy type:             Use global proxy settings

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
-Sean