MSN does not more work since today

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Dec 8 13:58:18 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 13:35, Michelle Konzack
<linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> Am 2009-12-08 09:43:16, schrieb Daniel Atallah:
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 05:38, Michelle Konzack
>> <linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
>> > since today morning, pidgin tell me on all Workstations, that the server
>> > does not understand "our protocoll".
>> >
>> > Does M$ changed the Protocoll or what now?
>>
>> You need to be using a new enough version of Pidgin; the latest 2.6.4
>> works fine for me.
>
> OK, but what about the Plugins?
>
> I am using Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 Lenny and I have a bunch of them.  Do  I
> have to recompile the whole Plugins?  (AFAIK 19)

You should be able to install Pidgin 2.6.3 from lenny-backports and
have your plugins still work (It is possible, that some plugins will
no longer work, depending on what they do).

> And of course, is it possibel in the  NEW  version,  to  deactivate  the
> Windowmandger alert?
>
> (It is realy annoying, if an account disconenct and Pidgin  grabs  every
> time the  focus  over  different  Desktops/Pages  and  of  course,  this
> function is a potential security problem)

No.  Note that Pidgin isn't actually grabbing focus, it is setting the
URGENT window manager hint - how your WM chooses to interpret that
(and whether or not it allows you to override the behavior is
dependent on the WM).

-D