Encryption Bug`

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Mon Dec 28 10:15:27 EST 2009

On 12/28/2009 9:07 AM, Hartner, Clinton L wrote:
> I’m using Pidgin 2.6.4, and with this version the encryption plugin
> (Pidgin Encryption 3.0) isn’t working as expected.  I had been
> successfully using the encryption plugin with a number of coworkers on
> previous versions, but when I updated to 2.6.4, I started receiving:
> “***Encrypted with the Gaim-Encryption plugin” instead of whatever they
> were trying to send me.  I know most of these workers are on earlier
> versions of Pidgin.  Any ideas of what the problem might be?
>

> *Clint*

AFAIK, Pidgin Encryption, like OTR, is not supported by the Pidgin
project, you'll have to contact the developers of the third-party plugin
for assistance BUT if I were to hazard a guess, I would see that the
latest version of the plugin is not backward compatible with the one
your friends are using.