Ping.fm compatibility / GTalk shared status

Adam Duffy adam at ping.fm
Tue Feb 10 11:47:48 EST 2009

Hi,

My name is Adam and I am the CTO at Ping.fm.  We have recently added the
ability for our users to update their GTalk status from our website.  This
feature is only compatible with clients that implement a "shared status".
Since Pidgin is such a popular client it would be great if it would also
update.  This feature is fairly easy to implement in an existing client.
You can find the documentation here:
http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/shared_status.html

If you have any questions about how shared status works I'll be happy to
help!

Thanks,
Adam