Google Talk

Phebe Montalto phebe at globalimb.com
Thu Feb 12 19:12:43 EST 2009

Help a sister out!

Ok, so we are in a mixed computer environment.  We have both PC¹s and Mac¹s.
Well for the Mac¹s we are able to use Ichat for our chatting needs.  We
enter our email addresses (using gmail for organizations) and it utilizes
the jabber protocol.  So, we were on the search for a PC friendly platform
that will allow us to use our gmail addresses to chat.

When we found Pidgin we thought this would solve our problem, but when we
downloaded the platform on the first PC, we were not able to get the google
talk platform to work.  Could you please help me?  I¹ve checked the FAQ¹s
but don¹t understand why I can¹t get it to work.  We really don¹t want to
make people have to create new ID¹s when we have google talk already (via
our gmail for organizations id¹s).

Please contact me and let me know how to fix this.  We would love to use
pidgin for our PC users.

Thanks!

Warm Regards,

PHEBE MONTALTO