Account deletion upon crash

Frank Lanitz frank at frank.uvena.de
Thu Jan 1 06:43:26 EST 2009

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 03:46:48 -0600
"Ticara Gailliard" <ticaralina at gmail.com> wrote:

> I searched for other people with this problem but came up with
> nothing. Whenever my Pidgin client crashes, it deletes ALL the
> accounts I've got running through Pidgin. I then have to reconnect
> each one, and that can be time consuming and annoying, and really
> makes me not want to use this product. I love the way it runs most of
> the time, but having to fill in information for no less than six
> different accounts for every crash is a bit much. Is there some way I
> can keep this from happening? I'm running Pidgin on a Dell inspiron
> 1721 laptop with Windows Vista home premium. Thanks.

I guess there are two things you can be do:
- Check what is causing the crashings and passing it to the devs. Even
it's a bit hard to understand on Windows, applications uselly don't
crash ;)
- Save you accounts.xml from purple configurations directory.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>