Help with conversation window resize

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Tue Jan 13 18:19:35 EST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Justin <phinnvr6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please help, I have searched google and read your FAQ...
>
> I newly installed Pidgin 2.5.4 in Windows XP and whenever I open a
> conversation window the text entry area is extremely small until I
> start typing.

If by "extremely small" you mean a single text row, then this is
working as intended.  If, however, it is smaller than that, then it is
an elusive bug that appears to be related to the font in use:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/7116

> My question (if this is not a bug) is how do I set it so it doesn't
> keep resizing the entry area?  I can't find it anywhere and even
> checked the plugins several times.

The above linked ticket also talks about how to set a minimum number
of rows to be displayed.

-D