lost password

Gar Nelson Gar.Nelson at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 21 17:11:16 EST 2009

Pidgin does not encrypt passwords (unfortunately), rather it stores them
in plain text.  If you had Pidgin save your password for you, it's
listed out in the open in your Pidgin configuration file.  On my linux
system, it is in (my home directory)/.purple/accounts.xml

I'm not sure where you'll find accounts.xml on your particular operating
system. Enable seeing hidden files, and look for a 'purple' directory.

HTH,
Gar