SOLVED! Pidgin ignores DISPLAY variable.

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl
Mon Jan 26 06:32:21 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 12:27:34PM +0100, Rogier Wolff wrote:
> (I'm not interested in "quit": killall pidgin would work just as
> good. this is the simplest command that I could find, giving me the
> least amount of possibilities to screw up....)

> I'm sorry, but I'm not able to find a .service file on the system
> that works, so where should "im.pidgin.purple.PurpleService" be
> provided?

I've just restarted pidgin from a window that I opened here from work.
Now it works here, but it doesn't work from home.

So now I'm setting the display variable to :0.0 and I'm running
purple-remote on the machine that I want to control. What else do I
need to set to be able to control the pidgin on the local machine?

	Rogier.

--
** R.E.Wolff at BitWizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **