window location

Rob Stampfli pidgin at cboh.org
Wed Jul 1 14:39:17 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:18:51AM -0500, Mark Gehres wrote:
> I am running pidgin 2.5.8 on a Gnome desktop.  I use multiple desktops and use
> 1 desktop just for pidgin.  I want the IM window to stay where I put it, but
> when a new message comes in, the window moves to a new position.  Does anyone
> know what I can do to anchor the window to stop it from changing position?

I second that request.  For the past several releases, it seems,
either Pidgin or Gnome creates the IM window wherever it wants,
which in my case is often under another window.  Its location
seems to be dependent on who initiates the IM -- some buddies
almost always wind up getting buried, while others don't.

It sure would be nice to have it reappear where it was last left,
if that is possible.

Rob