Not able to connect to XMPP server.

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jul 28 13:26:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM, <gaurangnshah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> we are using Spark as XMPP server. And Spark client. but as i have bored
> with it. I downloaded pidgin. But i am not able to connect to the spark
> client.
>
> Through spark client i connect in the following way.
>
> UserName: FirstName.LastName at abc.com
>
> Server: IP Address ( or aaa.com)
>
> When I use the same configuration to connect from pidgin client it shows
> following error.
> 500 internal error.
>
> I use the following setting in the pidgin client.
> Username: FirstName.LastName
> Domain: abc.com at aaa.com ( or abc.com at IP address )
>
> There isn't any proxy we are using. or there is no problem of firewall too
> coz it's disabled.

The username field should not contain a domain name, it should be
"FirstName.LastName"  What is the difference between abc.com and
aaa.com?  The domain field should contain one or the other, but not
both.  If the XMPP services for abc.com are being hosted by aaa.com,
then put abc.com in the domain field and put aaa.com in the "Connect
Server" field on the Advanced tab.

-Mark