"Proxy configuration program was not found."

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jun 18 20:27:15 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Brian Keener<brikeener at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can't set the proxy in Mandriva 2009.1, under Gnome.
>
> It tells me that Proxy and Browser preferences are configured in GNOME
> preferences, but only lets me select my default browser.

Hi Brian.  For users running with GNOME we delegate proxy
configuration to the GNOME settings program.  I think you might need
to install a program called gnome-network-preferences, but I don't
know what package it's in in Mandriva.

I suppose it's also possible that that program has a different name on
Mandriva, or doesn't exist at all.  If that's the case please let us
know and we can change Pidgin to do something more appropriate.

-Mark