window title for password entry

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sat Jun 27 22:53:56 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:42 AM, James Hong<greyeye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to change the window title for password entry from PIDGIN to
> something unique to (eg, "enter password")
> I have looked the line 1118 at account.c
>   purple_request_fields(account,
>                       NULL,
>                       primary,
>                       NULL,
>                       fields,
>                       _("OK"), ok_cb,
>                       _("Cancel"), cancel_cb,
>                       account, NULL, NULL,
>                       user_data);
>

> and tried to change NULL to other strings but it doesnt seems to affect the
> window title.
>
> Can anyone provide me a light on this ?

Hi James.  You're changing the first NULL, right? (The second
parameter.)  That is the correct change to accomplish what you're
trying to do.  Are you sure you're successfully compiling?  Are you
definitely running the version you've compiled and not some other
versions of Pidgin installed at another location?

-Mark