new version

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Mar 10 14:59:06 EDT 2009

jörg schmieder spake unto us the following wisdom:
> i am really annoyed because every few months pidgin tells me that my
> version is to old and that i need to get a new one,  but i know that
> the icq-protocoll hasn't changed
>
> so this was it, i ill get me another chat client, one that does not
> require updates.
>
> i hate to take that step,  but i converted to pidgin because it was
> plain and simple, but now pidgin is forcing me again to update.

I hate to interrupt your rant with facts, but the *AOL SERVER* is
sending that message to you.  It is, in fact, a server change.  Please
send your complaints to AOL.

> so goodbye

I hope your next client's community enjoys your presence as much as we
did.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.