Mistyped usernames

Phil Smith III lists at akphs.com
Fri May 22 10:34:50 EDT 2009

I'm a keyboard guy, and I tend to add conversations to my Pidgin window via <cntrl>M and then typing part of their name. That gets me  a drop-down.

However, it doesn't always default to the right protocol (AIM, Y!M, et al.). And if I hit ENTER at that point, I wind up with a bogus window. That's arguably a bug, but it's actually not my question.

Once I've done that, the next time I type part of the user's name, the bogus one appears as well as any valid one(s) I've ever entered.

I hunted these down and whacked the bogus once once -- I swear I did! -- but now I can't find them. I've searched all the Pidgin directories I can find as well as the Registry.

Can someone suggest where this list is maintained?

Thanks,

...phsiii