Merging User Logs

Joe Siegler joe at siegler.net
Mon May 25 18:46:08 EDT 2009

I've got a question about Pidgin I can't seem to find an answer for.  I used
it at work and home, and recently lost my job.  I wanted to bring home
(which I have) my IM logs from my work copy, and merge them with the home
copy so that they will be in one set of logs.  I don't know how to
accomplish this (I'm on Vista).   Tkx.

I have the logs from both home and work. What I'm looking for is not where
they are, but how to take two sets of logs and merge them together so that
it will be a single set of logs with all the data from both sets in there.

I don't want to just copy the one from work on top of the version from home,
as that will just overwrite the home version.  That's not what I want to
accomplish - I want to MERGE the two sets, not overwrite.

Joe Siegler - joe at siegler.net

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose.  (Romans 8:28)