Looking to Assess Pidgin

Olga Howard olga.howard at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:50:21 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if Pidgin will support these requirements? I had a
very difficult time assessing this from the website.

-The solution shall provide a .Net API (.Net Framework 2.0)

-The solution must be able to be hosted from a Microsoft Windows
2003/2008 server using Microsoft IIS Web Server version 6.0 or greater

-The solution shall support Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Enterprise
Edition 64 bit (if database access is required).

-The solution shall support Microsoft Active Directory for user/group
affiliation.

-The solution shall support the ability to be “re-skinned” or “branded”

-The solution shall provide the ability to be configured in a “Highly
Available” manner.

-The solution provider shall provide support for the product.

-The solution shall support a minimum of the following web browsers
and browser versions: Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 5.0+, Netscape
Navigator 7.1+ and Safari 1.2+.

-The solution shall support N-tier architecture – explicitly
extracting the presentation layer from the data/business logic layer.
(More specifically, the solution should not perform presentation layer
activities within a sealed “black box” DLL.)

-One to one chat – no breaking out into groups-or setting can be
turned off.

Thanks so much for your help!!

-Olga