Pidgin "Waiting for network connection" when connected

Ken Wright wizard at bnnorth.net
Thu Nov 12 21:35:00 EST 2009

I've only been using Pidgin for a few days, but this may keep me from
continuing.

I have a dialup connection.  Two days ago Pidgin was working perfectly.
Today I get "Waiting for network connection" even when I'm connected to
my ISP.

I can't find any information about this in the online help, so here I
am.  Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Ken
--
I'm not scared of dyin' and I don't really care.
If it's peace you find in dyin' well then let the time be near.