Someone in my chat not my buddy?

Katrina Cooper k.m.cooper at chello.nl
Sun Oct 18 10:22:05 EDT 2009

Hi list folks,
I'm still trying to set up a chat with my family. Got the other issue
sorted out without any list responses... guess it must have been a
complicated question! Now every time I open the chat, though, it says
that I entered the room and that Petey Ruga also did so. I do not know
anyone by this name but a search seems to indicate this is some sort of
performing artist... anyway, I do not want strangers in my private
three-way discussions with my father and aunt. The person does not
respond to anything I type in so I cannot decide if this is someone not
actually there or someone just not answering me, but I must say this has
undermined my confidence in the privacy of Pidgin. This person does NOT
appear on my buddy list and thus cannot be manually removed. There is a
link to "view web profile" at which link I am requested to log into some
sort of AIM web page, but I have no intention of doing so. Ah, an dnow I
see some other person has also entered and left while I was typing this!
Do I not have the right to restrict who is in my chat?? What, if I may
ask, gives?????
Thanks in advance for any answers.