Text Formatting with Groupwise Messenger protocol

Trey Cashon tcashon at georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Oct 30 09:24:26 EDT 2009

We are trying to use Pidgin to allows us to chat with Groupwise messenger users - however it seems that text formatting has been disabled for this protocol.

When in a chat window I should be able to click on font and change to bold, italics, etc. but every option is grayed out.  I have also tried the ctrl+b method and this not work either.

Can anyone give any insight into whether or not text formatting for the groupwise protocol works and if so how to go about enabling it?

Thanks again.