Problems connecting to Jabber

Joseph Mays mays at win.net
Wed Sep 2 10:34:06 EDT 2009

Two of us upgraded from Pidgin 2.6.0 to 2.6.1 recently, and lost the ability
to talk to our internal jabber server. Connections would hang on login. This
seems to have been a known issue with the new version of libpurple, and a
"fixed" version of libpurple was made available. We tried the new version of
libpurple a few days ago, and the behavior changed. Now we get "Server
closed the connection" and get immediately disconnected. Is the new version
of libpurple working for others, or is there something else we need to do to
have it fix our Jabber problem?