Hypertext Links in IM Windows

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Sep 11 15:49:11 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 15:37,  <flok2style at aol.com> wrote:
> Hmmm, okay. I have firefox selected as the default browser and it is still
> opening IE when I click on a link. I recently updated to the new pidgin
> version. It was working fine and just opening a new tab in my firefox
> browser on the old version. I guess I'll just have to copy and paste those
> links! :(

There is more than one place where the "default browser" is defined
(e.g. for ".html" files and for "http://" URIs, etc.) - sometimes they
get out of sync.

You'll notice that Start->Run->"http://www.google.com" will also open in IE.

The solution here is going to be to switch your default browser to IE
and then back to firefox to get everything re-registered correctly.

-D