Yahoo Problems

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Sep 11 16:48:52 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 16:42, Joe Okubo <jadedj1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried every suggestion under the sun to try and fix the problem of my
> Yahoo accounts not being able to login to the newest version of Pidgin.
>
> This is the message I get when trying to IM a contact:
>
> Alias: Jesse
> Error retrieving profile
> This profile is in a language or format that is not supported at this time.
> ________________________________
> View web profile
>
> Can someone help?  I have 2 Yahoo accounts that have NEVER WORKED WITH
> PIDGIN.  Why is this and how do you fix it?

I'm confused - you first talk about being unable to log in and then
you proceed to talk about an error you get when trying to IM (which
you need to be logged in to do).
Then your post references profile retrieval, which is yet another
separate thing, so I'm wondering exactly what the problem is.

If you're having problems logging in, you'll need to get a debug log
and post the information contained in it
(http://d.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports).  If not, you're going to
have to provide a more detailed explanation about the specific issues
you're having.

-D