GMail video - what am I doing wrong?

Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
Fri Sep 11 16:51:19 EDT 2009

So I tried to compile vv into pidgin.
Got:
 - farsight2-0.0.15
 - libnice-0.0.9
 - libjingle-0.3.12
 - ffmpeg from svn
 - x264 from yesterday's snapshot
 - ogg, vorbis, theora, speex, ilbc, ortp: in most recent versions
 - gstreamer-0.10.24
 - gst-plugins-base-0.10.24
 - gst-plugins-good-0.10.16
 - gst-plugins-bad-0.10.14
 - gst-plugins-ugly-0.10.12
 - gst-plugins-farsight-0.12.11
and of course pidgin-2.6.2

Everything built nicely, attaching list of gstreamer-plugins that
have been built so far. Building gaim with vv wasn't a problem
either. Unfortunately only audio seems to be working. Neither
I nor my chat participant see each other's video (although I'm
getting the preview window nicely). When I initiate video, the
preview appears briefly and then closes - participant doesn't
get notified. When participant sends chat request, the preview
window appears but incoming video area is blank, neither my
participant sees mine. Attaching -d output of example connection.

What did I miss?

Rambo

--
"What people have been reduced to are mere 3-D representations of their own
data."