pidign

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue Sep 15 17:15:48 EDT 2009

Suggested Subject: pidgin: <name of service>: Connection timed out to
authentication server.

Robert Russo wrote:
>  my pidgin repeatedly says Unable to connect to authentication server:
> Connection timed out, i am obviously connected to the internet, i
> rebooted ,re dled it, checkd my ports i dnt know what to do

Based on the limited information provided, I'd say that you probably hit
a firewall configured to ignore packets that aren't permitted.

What do you mean by you "checked your ports"?

Service? Pidgin Version? OS? OS Version? How connect to internet?  Debug
log contents?

i = I
dled = downloaded
checkd = checked