using fully qualified email address as XMPP username

Brady J. Frey brady at bradyjfrey.com
Wed Sep 23 18:58:50 EDT 2009

I did not know that wasn't a legal character, thank you for the update:)
- we're running iChat server for chat (we use it for chat and file
services, Linux for web and collaboration), most likely the reason for
the unusual errors. It was a hold over from long ago, and does it's
job... but apparently does not connect at all in pigin.

Using your method for authoritative server in the advanced tabs did the
trick, login is live! Now, unfortunately, the user can talk to other
people on Pigin or not on Pigin, but can't receive a response. They also
do see any buddies in their list, when other clients like Adium, iChat,
and Psi see it just fine.

I'll keep digging around before I jump ship. Thank you for the guidance
again!