using fully qualified email address as XMPP username

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Thu Sep 24 01:53:24 EDT 2009

On Sep 23, 2009, at 15:58, Brady J. Frey wrote:
> I did not know that wasn't a legal character, thank you for the
> update:) - we're running iChat server for chat (we use it for chat
> and file services, Linux for web and collaboration), most likely the
> reason for the unusual errors. It was a hold over from long ago, and
> does it's job... but apparently does not connect at all in pigin.
>
> Using your method for authoritative server in the advanced tabs did
> the trick, login is live! Now, unfortunately, the user can talk to
> other people on Pigin or not on Pigin, but can't receive a response.
> They also do see any buddies in their list, when other clients like
> Adium, iChat, and Psi see it just fine.
>
> I'll keep digging around before I jump ship. Thank you for the
> guidance again!

Attach the output of the Help->Debug Window when connecting to one of
the accounts in Pidgin, please. What versions of Pidgin and Adium are
you using? How was the account in Adium configured?

I ask because Adium and Pidgin use the same underlying library
(libpurple) for connections, so if it works in Adium, it definitely
should be working in Pidgin, too.

~Paul