trouble using pidgin

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Sep 29 10:13:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:05:57 -0400
"Kellie DiPaola" <mdipaola at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi.  I am trying to install and use TypistLink through quicktate.  They told
> us to install Pidgin which I have done, but when I try and add my account I
> get a message stating that there was an authentication failure, or that the
> program is not supported on my server because I require encryption.  How do
> I fix this?

Can you post the contents of the Pidgin debug window, opened from the
Help menu please. If you open this before connecting (or trying to) we
can see the results and help diagnose this.

Personally I also believe that it's up to Quicktate to ensure they
support you.

Which version of Pidgin do you have?  2.6.2 is the latest.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde