pidgin crashes when account disconnected internally

evanescent coolnuwan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 01:31:28 EDT 2009

Hi,
I have developed a pidgin plugin that works almost like Bonjour.
In my program I need to disconnect an account calling relevant methods
internally. i.e not by clicking the tick boxes given in the GUI.
What I have done so far in the program is that at the point where I want to
disconnect the account I have called the following methods.
Although it disconnects the account it also leads some problems such as
1) tick box remain ticked when next time I open Account->Manage Account
window.
2)Occasionally pidgin crashes.

[code]

somemethod()
{
          // some code

        if(connection)
        {
          bonjour_close(connection);
          purple_connection_destroy(connection);
        }
        connection = NULL;
}
[/code]

what has gone wrong with this sequence ?

thanks.