Visability...

Gordon Stewart gordonisnz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 21:43:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Programmer In Training
<pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:

> Those functions you are talking about (appear visible and appear
> permanently offline) are part of the protocol. If it isn't part of the
> official protocol, Pidgin cannot implement it, if I'm understanding
> Daniel right, because there is nothing there to implement.

if they ARE part of the protocol - It can be implemented..

I guess i'm lost & / or people are getting confused..

:- Yahoo Messenger

:- has protocol to be visable (per member)
:- Has Protocol to be invisable (per member).

Pidgin can activate / use these 2 protocols..

:- pidgin remembers "permanently" (within the pidgin system - NOT
Yahoo), which members I want to be permanently visable too..

when i log in, pidgin knows I want to be visable to ABC member - it
activates the 'visable' protocol..

The "permanent visable" part doesn't need to be implemented within
Yahoo messenger itself.

Where is the URL to submit a pidgin idea ?  & i'll submit it...

No worries - Just an idea - pidgin can use Yahoo's protocols to become
BETTER than Yahoo :)

Freecycle Auckland :-
http://www.freecycle.org/