Visability...

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Sat Apr 10 21:55:23 EDT 2010

On 04/10/10 20:43, Gordon Stewart wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Programmer In Training
> <pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us> wrote:
>
>> Those functions you are talking about (appear visible and appear
>> permanently offline) are part of the protocol. If it isn't part of the
>> official protocol, Pidgin cannot implement it, if I'm understanding
>> Daniel right, because there is nothing there to implement.
>
> if they ARE part of the protocol - It can be implemented..

Right, that's what we are saying.

> I guess i'm lost & / or people are getting confused..
>

> :- Yahoo Messenger
>
> :- has protocol to be visable (per member)
> :- Has Protocol to be invisable (per member).

Correct

> Pidgin can activate / use these 2 protocols..

Correct

> :- pidgin remembers "permanently" (within the pidgin system - NOT
> Yahoo), which members I want to be permanently visable too..

Not so sure about that. You'd have to ask a dev.

> when i log in, pidgin knows I want to be visable to ABC member - it
> activates the 'visable' protocol..
>
> The "permanent visable" part doesn't need to be implemented within
> Yahoo messenger itself.

Maybe, but you might try and see if you could script it in a buddy
pounce for whenever you login.

> Where is the URL to submit a pidgin idea ?  & i'll submit it...

Bugtracker is the way to go bro (:

> No worries - Just an idea - pidgin can use Yahoo's protocols to become
> BETTER than Yahoo :)

Not sure how Yahoo would like that, but that would be awesome

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.