Saving Pidgin Changes

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Mon Apr 12 09:25:45 EDT 2010

On 04/12/10 07:27, David Griffith wrote:
> Looks like I use XMPP.....???
<snip>

CCing you, though it seems you are subscribed to the list. Please keep
all mails going to the list so others can benefit from what is learned
(I don't believe you are the first person from Oracle to post to the list).

So, you're using Jabber. Who's Jabber implementation are you using? I
only use jabber.org, LiveJournal's and FaceBook's jabber servers (I used
to use Google's, too). Both the LJ and FB buddy lists are populated by
the lists on the service itself (e.g. my friends on LJ or FB make up the
friends list).

Facebook is known to restrict restructuring of the list to using the
edit friends function found on it's site (possibly because of XMPP <->
API linkage). I believe the only restriction from LJ is moving their bot
("Frank") from the default buddies category.

Are you using an Oracle-provided XMPP service? If so, you probably want
to get in touch with the folks who have implemented and maintain the
service to see if they allow restructuring of the buddy list. I know
that Jabber.org does not restrict, nor does GTalk (Google's XMPP based
chat service).

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscribed.