Version 2.6.6 not work with QQ

John Win lwanglaw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:19:12 EDT 2010

I installed the newest version, and tried to add QQ and it doesn't work. The
message said the following:
"尊敬的用户,您的QQ版本已经停止使用,
请到http://hi.qq.com
下载并安装最新的QQ版本。
给您带来不便,敬请谅解!"

The translation is the QQ version used is not longer supported, and asked
user to download new version.

QQ is very poppular  in China, you have to use it regardless of your
personal taste, though I don't like its longstanding policy of refusing to
live up to open standard, despite the fact it is a copycat derived from ICQ
originally. Many scholars in China do not like it either. But many people
have to bear with it since its monopoly. Therefore, it is very important to
make sure pidgin compatible with it.

Thank you for help.
LW