edit gtkrc config file

Bert Cooper bertramc at starpower.net
Thu Apr 22 11:54:08 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'd like to change [Enter] to be {newline}; [ctrl]+[Enter] to be {send
message}

I'm using w98se, as default user

Instructions say I have to create or change file gtkrc-2.0

I find a global file "gtkrc" [.nul] in c:\Program Files\Common
Files\GTK\2.0\etc\gtk-2.0\
since I have only default user, I don't have a per-user file named
"*.*gtkrc-2.0" in C:\Windows\Profiles\[username]\

the file gtkrc contains one line: gtk-font-name="sans 8"

I cannot find a file gtkrc-2.0

Q.1

can I add the my-bindings widget to existing gtkrc or do I create a new
gtkrc-2.0 for this widget, per instruction?

the last line in this help section is unclear
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Using%20Pidgin#WhatisagtkrcfileandwherecanIfindit

    "There is also a *pidgin-specific file* that is located in the
    configuration directory.
    %APPDATA%\.purple\gtkrc-2.0 on Windows"

it's unclear whether %APPDATA%\.purple\gtkrc-2.0 refers to
the mentioned "configuration directory" or the mentioned
"pidgin-specific file."

I have a directory C:Windows\Application Data\*.*purple\

Q.2

do I need to create a new directory, gtkrc-2.0\
and put in it a new file named gtkrc-2.0
with the required "my-bindings" widget
or,
do I create a new file gtkrc-2.0 in the existing directory
%appdata%\.purple\
and put the widget in there?

thanks