New conversations in foreground?

Carles Vila cvilad at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 12:50:39 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have tried the prefereces, but couldn't find if this can be done. To
always bring the newest conversation to the foreground.

I'm trying to set up pidgin on a PC for a paging system. The screen is in a
waiting room and people from different offices in our building could send an
IM to that PC in order to call a person to his office. I'm using ExtPos
Plugin to make the conversation window full screen and I have a big bold
Font. So far so good, but let's say:
Office1 sends "Mr. Smith please come to office 1",
then
Office 2 sends "Mrs. Thomson, go to room 5"

The Office2 message arrives, but is hidden in the background. Can it be made
to jump to the foreground somehow?

Thanks!