Google Talk

Hurst jhurst1988 at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 7 16:40:19 EDT 2010

  Hello,

I have been trying out various IM clients such as Miranda, Trillian, and
now Pidgin to replace the native gtalk client as it keeps hanging on me.

However I am unable to log in on Pidgin. After attempting to log in I
get "jhurst1988 at googlemail.com/ disconnected  Unable to connect" with
the options to modify or reconnect.

Reconnecting repeats the cycle of attempting to connect and failing.

Modifying takes me back to the page where I input my username
"jhurst1988" and my domain "googlemail.com", and selected "Google Talk"
as the protocol. The protocol then defaults to XMPP.

What can I do to connect to Google Talk on Pidgin?

Thank you.