Pidgin PPA

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 9 23:04:35 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 22:36, Jason Steenstra-Pickens
<jason.steenstrapickens at orionhealth.com> wrote:
>  Hi Daniel,
>
> I have never built Pidgin from source as it came with my distribution
> (Ubuntu 9.10 upgraded to 10.04). I checked /usr/local anyway and there was
> nothing in there to do with Pidgin.
>
> Executing:
> $ which pidgin
> /usr/bin/pidgin
>
> Which has not been modified since 02 Jun 2010
>
> Any more ideas?

Please reply to the list and not to me directly.

Have you added the Pidgin PPA to your package manager (see
http://pidgin.im/download/ubuntu/)? If not, you will need to to get
anything newer than what ubuntu shipped your distro with.

Are you sure that you have actually restarted pidgin since doing the
update (if it is already running, re-launching it will just bring up
the existing instance (the old version))?

What does `pidgin --version` say?

If that doesn't say you have the latest in the PPA (2.7.1), what does
`dpkg -s pidgin` say?

-D