Adding emoticons

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Thu Dec 2 12:46:56 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:27:14PM -0500, Humbert wrote:
> emopack-1.6-executable.jar and qip2pigin.exe.

Where did you get these programs? Did the webpages from where you got them
not include directions or links to relevant sites or anything? You must
have found those somehow.

I have never heard of either of them until just now and I doubt too many
members of this list have either. There are a number of pidgin smiley
themes on our wiki which do not require any such random file shenanigans
(and Google lists a few others last I checked). So unless you have some
reason to specifically want the smileys contained in that jar file I would
likely suggest forgetting about it.

Alternatively, creating a pidgin smiley theme is not difficult and a jar
file is simply a zip file so you should be able to manually open it and
extract whatever images from it you want. I'm assuming that's likely all
that qip2pidgin.exe does (extract the images and convert the qip smiley
theme data to the pidgin format).

    -Etan