Adding Outlook

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Tue Dec 7 07:46:40 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 06:14:04AM -0600, Mclaughlin, Melissa wrote:
> I am sorry, all I know is that I have customers that use Outlook
> messenger and I can't add them to my pidgin.
> I get an error message. I was hoping that I could add my customers so
> that I would not have to run
> another program, only pidgin.
>
> Unable to add buddy to server list
>
> Unable to add buddy diane.m.elfrink at monsanto.com to group Monsanto to
> the server list on account melstrou

That sounds like you have an Yahoo account? Is that correct?

Are you sure they have an "Outlook messenger" account and not an "MSN
Messenger" account or a "Windows Live Messenger" account? Because the
first would be different than the latter two (which are different names
for the same service).

If you are trying to add an MSN buddy to your Yahoo account in pidgin that
can be done, I believe you need to use 'msn/<email>' instead of just using
'<email>' to do it though.

    -Etan